In case you missed my riveting announcement on National Readers Day yesterday (you’re forgiven) it’s right here.
Here’s Part Deux…
I’m pleased to announce that a major part of my multimedia pivot for 2020 is that I’ve rebooted my podcast…
If you’ve been in my orbit since the beginning you’ll know this isn’t anything new for me. Between my years hosting nightly shows at ESPN Radio and Fox Sports and my Sunday evening show on NBC Sports Boston this aint my first rodeo. I’ve also logged a lot of episodes on the old Coach Bru Podcast
I’ve hosted shows where I’m flying solo and I’ve also gone the route of interviewing guests.
This iteration of it is markedly different. It’s everything most podcasts aren’t. In fact it’s like the anti-podcast podcast.
Case in point, Here’s what it WON’T be:
- There will be no sponsors or commercials (well only fake ones, you’ll see what I mean). I have too much respect for my audience’s time to load up the first 5-10 minutes of a show with commercials shamelessly peddling meal delivery, underwear, webhosting, stamps, mattresses, toothbrushes and a host of other crap. (You realize the people peddling that crap don’t even use it themselves right?)
- You won’t find the same already famous “high profile” guests you always find on podcasts. You know the type: the New York Times best-smelling author, the Navy SEAL you’ve seen on a million TV shows and podcasts, or the flavor of the month TED Talk speaker who make their rounds on everyone and their brother’s podcast, spouting the same exact things. Rather my podcast will feature the most fascinating people you’ve never heard of but should because they’re doing real, meaningful work that truly matters.
- There’s also no pandering for ratings and I certainly don’t play that stupid game of saying “we only accept 5 star reviews”. Seriously, how fragile is your little ego if that’s what you resort to saying. (You’d be surprised how many podcasters resort to that garbage.)
If you think one of my episodes has earned just 1-star, go ahead and leave that review. For starters, I appreciate honesty. And secondly if it’s just a hater’s comment, I assure you a hater’s comment doing so will help me promote the show better than the usual boiler plate 5-star reviews (often purchased by podcasters and authors) full of meaningless platitudes ever would.
And here’s what it WILL be:
- There will be an interactive component for listeners. Just like a call-in talk radio show, you can easily record a question or comment for inclusion in the next episode. Feel free to try it out by leaving a question or if you want to ask me to address a specific topic in an upcoming episode, right here: https://anchor.fm/coachbrupodcast/message
- The guests are almost exclusively going to be live, in person face-to-face interviews. Why? Because in this increasing wired world, we’ve never been more disconnected from one another. A lot is lost when you’re not in person.
That’s a major part of the recalibrating I’m doing on my business in 2020. Which included me investing in an office suite complete with a podcast studio and meeting room. But more on that in another article.
- Lastly, in the very near future I’ll also be offering a video version of the podcast as well.
So about the “new” anti-podcast podcast? I’ll be unveiling that tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure I brought you up to speed on all things orbiting around the BRUniverse.
Tune in tomorrow for the big reveal…
P.S. If you’re intellectually curious, are a reader (and applier of knowledge) you’ll enjoy the privileges of membership in my inner-circle, join us here: http://www.yesterdaysunderdog.com