Several years ago, the Forum Company a consulting firm in Boston performed a research study which spanned a variety of industries. They discovered that 99% of all sales people can explain the features and the benefits of a product equally well. What separated the best 1% from the rest? The 1% were able to develop trust with their clients and prospects. I don’t think this factor is unique to sales. Trust is about human connections and when we trust ourselves it’s also what internally drives us to achieve our own greatness.
Trust is part of Why The Successful Succeed at anything and this is the topic I will be speaking on in Olean, NY on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I will be addressing groups of business leaders at the Colonial Radio Group’s Colonial Club events. Although it is a private client event I have requested space for a couple of guests. So if you live in Upstate NY and would like to attend a session as my personal guest on either day please let me know asap.
The 6 success factors in the DNA of the successful:
1. Honesty: Making deposits of trust in your interpersonal bank account pays dividends.
2. Follow Through: Acute attention to detail and doing what you say you will do is priceless.
3. Clarity: Can you describe your vision & purpose in one sentence? Try this test: Text your philosophy on leadership to a colleague. Did it fit?
4. Win-Win Mindset: Winners help other people win. Don’t just paint a picture for your clients” paint them into the picture and let them help paint the picture.
5. Perspectionism: Not perfectionism. Perspectionism is the realization that our perspective and our attitude is a choice. Do you have a, Have To perspective or a, Get To perspective? You don’t, have to go to work, you get to go to work. It is a privilege, an opportunity to help others, and like everything else… it is what you make of it. You can make that distinction in every choice you make. Click here to get yourself a reminder!
6. Controlled Confidence: How YOU, not others measure success is what truly matters.
If you’d like to more information on bringing Why The Successful Succeed to your organization please contact me directly. Here is a brief highlight of it from my workshop at the National Collegiate Recruiters Conference in Boston this summer. http://youtu.be/_qWf05cClOE